This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

SOUTHERN MODEL AIRSHOW 2009

• Club Members

:( All seems a bit quiet at the moment, but there's lots going on in the background, so something might get posted soon!

For Instance;

The Show IS on, a meeting with the Hop Farm took place last weekend, to go over details;

The Pilots bookings ARE full, approx 100 pilots are booked in;

There are in excess of 40 Traders booked in so far, and the list is growing;

For PUBLIC CAMPING, please contact the HOP FARM direct,

The Hop Farm grounds have been considerably tidied up;

The areas in front of the Disabled Toilets has been Tarmacked; (might not mean much to some!); :D

The list of CAMFC Volunteers is growing;

There will be a Bring & Buy, we will put it as close to the entry/exit as is practical;

Watch this space for more news!

Oily.

• 1 month later...

It's all happening now, stuff being laid out, marquees put up, runway cut, cut and cut again by the new CAMFC formation mowing team (see pic)

We're also posting updates via twitter - if you do twitter follow the show @SMAS2009

[attachment=1]IMG_1093.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]IMG_1094.jpg[/attachment]

A few more pics on twitter

http://www.twitpic.com/i2i48

http://www.twitpic.com/i2hu0

http://www.twitpic.com/i2i6k

I'm truly Knackered.... and I didnt work all week setting it up either!

Well done everybody - just brilliant again - everyone involved should be justifiably proud of themselves for organising the SMAS 2009. I know I am :)

WE ARE THE BEST CLUB IN THE UK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes we are the best club in the UK and the comments coming in direct via our website and those being posted on the forums seem to agree.

But, I must say that I hate the show - here I am trying to slim down my fleet and I always end up going home with another bl**dy great box :mrgreen:

At least I don't need to sell that OS120 four stroke motor anymore :wink:

The other reason is that I've now got 1400+ photos to sort

WOW, WHAT A SHOW!

I am soo proud to be a member of CAMFC and always have been!, and I definitely agree that we are the best club in the country, not just because we organised the biggest and best show in the country but because of the camaraderie and spirit within the club.

Well done everyone for another fantastic and successful show. Next to tackle is Southborough School... we will be practising extremely hard to perfect our mower formation and we may even think of a few new formations for next years SMAS 2010! 8)

......Lancaster formation anyone? :wink:

2779405950_7451630e35.jpg

Hi all

What a 5 days, KNACKERED when I finished (it was dark when we put the last stuff away), got up Monday went to the gym for a work out then played a round of golf. I am KNACKERED again. Just finished sorting out the stuff I got at the show, new tranny, receivers (got a good deal from Inwood on them). bit & bobs and the obligatory new plane. so it has to be worth it-I think :roll:

Well done all

Rod

it was good to go back to work today (never thought i would say that ) for a rest nice job school sports all day sleep :lol: a very BIG THANKS TO THE COMMITTEE .AND FOR THE HARD WORK AND HELP YOU GAVE ME OVER THE WEEK

Edited by Guest

Hi, I was wondering... you know the random images that are on the top of the website of the camfc and SMAS site.... can we have them updated with the new 2009 HD images.... I think that would be great! :D