This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Tutor in Tree

Hi All, I have parked my tutor above the shooting hut on the other side of the landing strip right at the top, if it wore to come down and it happens that you are there please tex William on 07910879671 £20 reward lol.

I have contacted Brian the tree climber he said he would have a look in the next few days but lately he has been contacted from other members and turned out a little unreliable..

Gerard used someone new a week or so back he was quiet good but exspensive 70 Squid !! Has anybody got gerards contact details?

• Club Members

The guy from before Brians time is:-

P A Rowland

Evergreen Tree Services

020 877 4702

07956 531785

Not the cheapest, but if you want service..............

• Club Members

Probably best to give Brian a chance as he is a lot more economical.

The last time I contacted him he was unwell and couldn't get to the field so we used Peter who came to the field the next afternoon after being contacted.

I Have contacted Brian witch he let me down, I have called Pete and he could not climb the tree he said the only chance is with spikes and an extra person total cost 100 Squid !! I might try to get is down myself with a sling shooter, a new tutor with servos and engine is 134 pounds from inwoods models so 100 quid for retrieving it it seems a little expensive.

I Have been there today after last nights wind and it did come down 4 or 5 feet on to the next branch and it seems is very unstable there, hopefully it come down by it self.

throw a rope over the branch above the planes resting place making sure u have both end of the rope on the ground.

Put a choker loop in 1 end (big enough to fit over the planes tail) and gently raise the loop to the planes tail.

Then use a long pole or stick to coax the loop over and around the tail.

While holding the rope on the plane using ur pole/stick, pull on the other end of the rope to tighten the loop so it wont fall off.

then use the pole/stick to knock the place loose with 1 hand while holding the rope in the other.

using the rope, gentley lower the plane to the ground while using the stick to guide the plane away from the tree.

Price of a rope - £5

Price of an extendable pole - £5

Plane freed from tree - £10 and about 30 - 40 mins at the field and u have the tools to do it again if needed.

Hope that helps :)

• Club Members
t

Then use a long pole or stick to coax the loop over and around the tail.

YOU bring the 80 foot long stick, Oh, and a rope big enough to go up 85 feet, over a mature closely branched still leafed Oak with a spread of considerably greater than 80 feet, then back to ground another 80 feet...............................

Oh yes, and it's in a stand of other overlapping dense trees..............

• Club Members

Calm down Boys!

No need to fall out

Snakeme was only trying to be helpful from a distance, and Bravedan was trying to be his charming self (in his own way)!

Just cool fella,s,

Not worth falling out over, :-)

TTFn Oily :wink: