This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

tutor 40 build plans

I'd have thought it would have been against copyright to reproduce someone elses design? I'm sure Irvine wont be doing so.

Anyhow, if its a built up wing, it'll just be a standard D section construction. What else would you need to know (apart from the fact that it hasnt been designed to take 2 engines) lol.

i was wondering if the aluminium support beam within the wing would be in the way of the prospective engine mountings.

i have already figured out workable strategy to mounting the 2 engines in an appropriate manner using block balsa and normal engine mounts, which will be reinforced using carbon rods within the structure.

i was also wondering if they where standard d sections or weight saving d sections

I have already figured out workable strategy to mounting the 2 engines in an appropriate manner using block balsa

I hope I'm not jumping to conclusions, but block balsa will probably not provide a suitable bulkhead for motor mounting.

your quite right arun, block balsa on its own wouldnt be strong enough to hold an engine, thas why its going to be attached to a normal mounting to act as supports for a balsa panel covering that will surround the engine to act as cowling. if you want, i can go into a more in depth description as to how im going to do this.