This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

• Club Members

If this is the Orange receiver with the gyro stabiliser in it, ME!

I have a Ripmax Harmony aerobatic Twin, that may benefit from a gyro stabiliser, for when one motor cuts out, (only a matter of time, and sometimes sooner than later!)

I saw one at Old Warden on a stall for about £38 quid, but i guessed they might be cheaper at Hobbyking.

By the way, one sold on Ebay on Saturday for about £22!!

There is also an add on stabiliser, to fit your 2.4 receiver, about £15.

Can't wait to try one.

Oily :wink:

• Club Members

This is more advanced than a stabiliser, it is a fully fledged auto pilot that can navigate a vehicle on a set course without having to control it at all, at least potentially. How it works out in practice is yet to be seen and I am not sure the BMFA has any rules for this yet.

• Club Members

Im not sure, maybe they have some guidelines under FPV? They use them in America for that when the plane flies out of radiocontact to bring it back to the field and circle the strip. The only question i would have is, if something happened while on auto pilot and it crashed, Im not sure you would be covered as your technically not in control of the model.

Something to question the BMFA i guess??

Shane :plane:

• Club Members

Shane,

i would imagine, that as the TX overides the stabiliser RX, you would still be considered to be in control, that is, until the RX is out of range of the TX.

Under those circumstances, the model would probably be out of sight! And yes, i have witnessed that happen at Croydon Airport in the "good old days".

I still want to try one, :-)

Oily :wink: