This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Southern Model Show 2013

• Club Members

I only managed to get to the show on Saturday but I thought it went quite well. The weather Saturday was fairly good from mid morning with only a couple of light showers. I heard that Sunday weather was not so kind and the show was stopped early which is unfortunate. Without knowing actual figures my impression was that public attendance was similar to what we used to get to our show. The venue is bigger than the Hop Farm so there was more camping space and more space to walk around. All in all a successful first show at this venue for Steve Bishop and Heritage Events in my opinion.

And it goes without saying that the combined scale and full size aerobatic display with Mike Williams was the show highlight.

• Club Members

Just about sums it up Trevor, thankyou for your observations.

The Sunday weather was dissapointing, although the rain held off until about 3.30pm.

The flying programme was halted at 2pm for the same reason, although Steve Bishop allowed pilots to continue with "flying off the peg", while conditions allowed.

Although the CAMFC Bring and Buy stall had been moved to the Bar Marquee at the last moment, and had to share the space with the DJ and the customers, Bob and Andre managed to make a success of it.

It was unfortunate that on the busiest day on the stall, Saturday, there where not enough volunteers to go around. Those that were there had to work their sox off, with very little chance for a break. The Club should offer these hardy souls a very big thankyou for their perseverence under pressure, for they pulled it off in true camfc style.

Sunday was not so busy, probably a reflection onthe weather, and there were more volunteers available to run the stall, although our inside space in the marquee had been reduced by the organisers for one reason or another. Luckily, the outside space sufficed, as the rain held off just long enough for us to close.

All in all, it would appear the Bring and Buy was a great success for the club, and on behalf of the whole club, I would like to offer our thanks to all the buyers and sellers, Heritage events, and all our volunteers for making it so.

It is a great shame, that the weather forecasts for the week leading up to the show were so dissapointing, as it must have put a lot of people off of coming out to witness this great event.

A big thankyou though, is due to the team at Heritage events, and to Steve Bishop on the flighline, for perservering to present a stirling first presentation of the Southern Model Show at Headcorn Aerodrome.

Congratulations to all concerned.

Camfc Chair. :wink: