This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

C47 (awaiting maiden)

Nice Bird,wasnt that the one in Avicraft? :?:

Cheeky! NO it isn't - The one at Avicraft was Aluminum Solarfilm finished with O.S.52FS engines -this one is all my own work and is Solartex finish and different engines. May be a tad heavier, and probably not quite as well finished (I'm impatient)

Same kit though so they just look very similar.

Mines still in its box....

I really must make it soon :)

Looks nice Terry - did you fit the robart undercarriage too?

I have to say that I'm definately going to put OS52s in mine - with a twin you need all the security you can get, especially all that hard work.

Yep, it has the special undercarriage - a bit OTT on price IMO, especially as it doesn't include the retract control valve and air reservoir etc. You get just the metal undercarriage gear and two retract air cylinders for them.

The SC52FS seem very good, and I've not had any trouble with those I've got. Have lots of urge, similar to O.S of course just cheaper! :D

Looks really nice Spiffy,who's takin the healm for her maiden then? :shock:

Me - Had an old Royal one, procured from an old boy I know half completed and a bit warpy on the wings. It was about 20 years old or more. I completed it, fitted 2XOS40LAs and we flew it at Roundshaw last year.

Once up it flew very well, (very hairy takeoff -way out of trim) but I got it trimmed out, and did some nice circuits, until I got slow on the turn for a low flyby, (didn't think I was that slow but that was the general consensus) and it tip stalled. It had no washout (The Topflite has) and the tip stall was quite vicious, snap rolled straight in. The current one has a good deal of washout and a larger fin area, plus plenty of out thrust on both engines, so hoping this will be a much more stable flyer.

IMG_2626.jpg.fcfcf72cfd9595374289cee3ae6118d3.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • Club Members

Hiya. Just been looking at your DC pics, have you flown it yet, or is it still in mothballs? Looks Great! Jims had one for ages too. His is finished in brown and is a bit oblong shaped though. Maybe he's bringing it to the field on Sunday for the Limbo, he said he's got something new to try. Maybe this is it! :lol:

Seeya soon Tel, Oily :wink:

Hiya. Just been looking at your DC pics, have you flown it yet, or is it still in mothballs? Looks Great! Jims had one for ages too. His is finished in brown and is a bit oblong shaped though. Maybe he's bringing it to the field on Sunday for the Limbo, he said he's got something new to try. Maybe this is it! :lol:

Seeya soon Tel, Oily :wink:

It's still mothballed at the moment, I have to sort the engine throttle connections and mix, which going to be fun threadling new control runs. Maybe get round to it when the weather is more consistent. Just too many other things to do at the moment, trying to finish the old Veron Hawker Tomtit at the moment. Have got the radio and struts to fit yet, but getting there. Bit rough on finish, as it was done too hurriedly but I expect it will fly ok.

• Club Members

Well at least we can still look forward to seeing her fly in the future. Hope the Tomtit works out OK. Be careful about weight saving Tel. Or am I teaching you to suck eggs? Hope to send you some scribe about club night soon on your pm.

See ya! Oily.