This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Beyond Taranis

• Club Members

At the field yesterday there was talk on Horus and what it could possibly do that was useful above the Taranis X9D.

Remember the model number is NOT the max channel count!!

Well, briefly and incompletely:-

Horus X12D

1. Goodbye resistive stick pots, gimbals will have magnetic angle sensors

2. Bluetooth

3. WiFi (no more cable connect to update, having to sort out hardware interfacing, etc)

4. Voice Recognition (Shout back if the lady is silly, OOOH the fun we could have telling our mates Tx to trim full right or invert throttle!!!)

5. GPS (probably be able to pass CURRENT position for Return to Base function?)

6. Will come with a FrSky OS so charge and play, though will still be OpenTx and other open source compatible.

7. HR touch screen located at the TOP away from hands, etc

Bear in mind there is also likely to be a ANOTHER Tx, the X9E, which while in the Taranis model number range, from the computer gen pics is much more teutonic tray type, more suitable for finger pinch hold, so I'm guessing not likely to appeal to that many Brit tastes. (Def not mine)

• Club Members

Found some images of the Horus at:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2255974

Having looked at Jeti Txs until I saw the price, it looks like a direct competitor to the Jeti DS-16 ( £1,119.95 !! or £ 629.95 for a reduced spec DS-14 !). I see that Puffin Models, who were the main distributor for Jeti equipment, have passed on the Jeti franchise to another distributor. I suspect they've seen the very visible writing on the wall. Sign of the Frsky times.

It will be very interesting to see what the Horus is priced at when it is released for sale here.

• Club Members

Lots of places, Giant Shark, Robotbirds (SPIT :evil: ), T9 Hobbysports.

The latter is the "official" FrSky UK stockist (and a nice guy who cares).

http://www.t9hobbysport.com/

Be aware, you have said freesky, I guess you don't mean it, as there is a freesky as well as FrSky (as in the Taranis, etc and this thread). There is also a FlySky!!!