This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

I'm a broad!

Well as I'm abroad, and this topic rarely gets any airtime I thought I'd post here.

As you may or may not know, Ive been banished to Shanghai (China) for 6 weeks.

I will perhaps post some pics of what I'm up to and where I am. No promises though - I'm supposed to be here to drin... no, to work!

Steve, you really are a git :D

Have fun fellas - post me some pics so I can see what your up to...

PS, just come home from watching a Philippino band playing in an American Bar in China... who'd have guessed?

Man! What a days flying from 10:15am to 9pm "Sunset".................All day long!

Great weather and great flying friends....Woot looks like the same for tomorrow as well! Maybe all this week as well :lol: I think by the end of the week, we all here in the UK will be flyed out!

• Administrators

Even I managed to have a little fun non-fly all on my own taxi-ing around the runway at almost full pelt after you lot buggered off and left me... Am determined that tomorrow, I'm switching off all phones/email, everything, will get there much earlier.

On the plus side, I did manage to get a few toys out and get my trainer wayd at 2kg, tested its Watts and got 420w at WOT and 9700RPM at WOT, which isnt bad for this little setup.

Hope your having fun over there Jim, dont stay too long.

• Club Members

They are fibbing, Jimbo, it's more than a foot of snow, 35 mph winds and minus 17 C.

When you get back and we all have tans, it'll only be the wind chill that's done it..............

• 2 weeks later...

Well, been here almost 2 weeks now.

The China Expo which I am working on is HUGE! I really cannot tell you how big an area it uses up. I'll see if I can get an aerial photo somewhere to give you guys an idea of scale, but for now, lets say that the shuttle bus takes 15 minutes from our site to the main gate, and we are about in the middle - so thats a 30 minute bus ride from one end to the other. And we are only half of the site - the other part is - wait for it - on the other side of the river from us!

Anyow, its all a lbit of a building site still, but its amazing what can be acheived when manpowwer is no problem.

There's still loads of great things here like bamboo scaffolding, and people riding bycycles stacked to the sky with - well, everything really!

Bad parts? Well theres not much in the way of sanitation on-site as of yet - be prepared for a walk or make sure you prepare yourself before arriving - get my drift?

Food - variable on site once again.

Traffic and in particular, driving is just plain mad - everyone wants and does try and overtake everyone else at every opportunity - its mayhem, but in an organised way - crazy - the best way is just to close you eyes for the 40m taxi to work and dont look!

Here's a good thing - http://www.shmodelexpo.com.cn/en/

This is about 1km from my hotel next weekend - orders anyone? Hehe- I really hope I can get to this event - should be OK.

Also, the F1 is in Shangai 16-18 April - we can get tickets, but not sure if we will be working - it would be so cool to go to that!

Anyhow - enough for now - I just got home from work (at 10:30am your time) so its a beer for me now :)

Take care friends!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Jimos-bow, how did the China model Expo go in the end?

We all missed you at the committee meeting, we just didn't know what to do with out you :) Its now only got to be around 2 weeks before you get back !

Nice to know someone misses me Steve :)

The Expo was fun - not as big as I'd hoped, and with a fairly limited selection of models. All the vendors were particulary keen to speak to me and my mate, and we told them we were from London and representing a large and wealthy group of modellers with cash to burn! :D

In the end, I bought 5 lovely little free flight models for £2 each, which you will see up the field on a summer evening - great looking little planes. I would have bought a petrol motor, but the only exhibitor was DLA and they only now sell 50cc and up it appears - and they didnt have one anyway!

But, a nice afternoon off, followed by watching the Malaysian GP - CMON LEWIS!!!!!

As Steve says, only 2 weeks to go - cant wait to be honest, even though I'm going straight to another weeks work in Brighton.

Well, see you all soon = I'll keep you posted if anything exciting happens at the US Pavillion of the 2010 China World Exposition!

http://english.sina.com/china/p/2010/0127/302014.html

http://en.expo2010.cn/

• 2 weeks later...

Ni Hao! (thats 'hello').

Well, I'm now sitting in the business lounge at Shanghai PuDong airport on my way home from my business trip.

Its 10:25am here, and 3.25am in the UK.

I'm hoping and praying that my 11:00am flight to London isnt cancelled or delayed by volcanos, and all being well, I may see some of you this Sunday! Cross your fingers, toes and anything else....

China Jim :plane:

• Club Members
Does this mean all my gypsy friends have to leave the field now, and take their caravans with them?

They can leave one, we need a clubhouse...................... :wink: