This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

F-4 Phantom II

This is my new project, f-4 Phantom, 59 span,

So far i have put the doner os 61 in from the late Vulcan, Changed all the servos and wiring, Took it for a test run

today, Just up and down the runway, Now setting the throws and cg etc, Hope to be flying it on saturday and Sunday if weather permits,

Also hoping Steve may be there as my spotter, Also Ground crew and film crew if possible :) ,

Anyone flew one similar?,,,, :plane:

Any hints of flight characteristics for this type of model would be most welcome,

Steve 8)

Hi Steve,

I have flown several of these types of models and all of them have a characteristic of running along the floor on take off and leaping up in the air all of a sudden, usually rolling to the left so be ready. should fly really nice, and should also glide very stable on landing due to the wing section so try it up high first :wink: so you know then you can bleed off the speed on landing knowing it will not bite you. They all look rather scary these type of models but its actually suprising how nice they are. Once you know it is all ok, get yourself a long tuned pipe for the 61 as this just makes them balistic. Had the same in my hunter and it was great.

Cheers.