This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

SMAS 2010 + Video + Pic requests

• Administrators

Hey guys

Still buzzing, SMAS was absolutely, totally pukka.. What can I say.. Blown away by it all..

I'm well looking forward to next years show already...

Can somebody pleaseee pass on my sincerest thanks to Ann on the Flight line / Tea tent..

Its amazing what a little home comfort like a fresh cuppa and a biccie can do for tired feet and empty bellies when duty is calling, so I'd really like to say thanks for that.

Having spent almost the entire day today meeting and shaking hands with as many of the traders/exhibitors as possible, they all had fantastic things to say about the show, all said it was the best show to come to, and all would be back again next year, which really is a great thing to hear for somebody like little ole me, its like hearing the whole world tell your that you've joined THE best RC club around :D:D

Also, I'm sure your all aware of what me and Steve were doing all weekend, so could I possibly ask, if possible, if any of you guys have any video footage and/or photos that can be put into the show DVD, could I get it all asap so I can start stringin together all posible footage / angles for the DVD if thats ok?

I'll take any footage/pics I can get my hands on, no matter what format, via any method, no matter how good/bad/long/short it is so we can make the DVD as good as can possibly be.... Advice also VERY welcome too... Also from those who dont frequent the forums (Pass on the request)

Thanks to all for making it what it is :D Its mentallllll

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Club Members

Richard,

I second the thanks to Ann for the teas and coffees which were much appreciated by everyone on, or visiting, the flightline.

Many thanks should also go to Alan who hauled all the hot water from the campsite to the tea tent. Alan was on a constant supply run throughout both days. Having lifted one of the full water containers he was carrying, this is no mean feat of strength and endurance!

• Administrators
Alan was on a constant supply run throughout both days. Having lifted one of the full water containers he was carrying, this is no mean feat of strength and endurance!

Holy cow, is that what he was up to... Blimey... What a way to spend your weekend! Cheers Al, We owe you a cuppa :D

If you have any piccies or footage Gerard, would you mind them being subjected to possibly ending up in the DVD?

• Administrators

Thanks Gary, pic's can be emailed to "help@@mylocalitguy.com" Remove one of the @ signs (I get enough spam already)

I've bumped up my mailbox to 250mb for the next few weeks.

• Administrators
ok will do few at a time as they are HD and to keep qaulity i will send as size taken.

No prob's, or, if its easier, pop them onto a DVD and I can come and collect them? Are you in Croydon?

• Administrators

Gary

I dont mean to be cheeky, but I'll try anyway, lol, I dont suppose you might be kind enough to pop them onto a CD/DVD at all and maybe even drop them in the post, if possible? or if in Croydon area I dont mind collecting?

Grabbing that lot from a forum post will take all day, and their smaller than originals :wink:

Richard

I have 34Gb of pics for you :shock:

Seriously, I shoot everything in RAW format so they are about 30Mb each pic and 5184x3456, tell me what resolution you need and I'll convert them down to jpeg.

I need to supply some to RCMW and RCMF magazines for them to use in reviews and for all sorts of boring legal issues they (and us) cannot use the same images. I suggest we have a look at what I've got and pick a set for you to use.

I'll bring laptop to club night

• Administrators

Watcha Darren

34GB! :shock: Wow, thats awesome mate, 1920x1080HD is the resolution I will be working with for the entire project, and jpg format is perfect :D

I'm happy with whatever your happy to throw at me, so long as it doesnt have sharp edges :lol:

• Administrators
Hi Richard,

I can pop the hard drive up to you, Maybe today, Or anytime that suits you,

Steve,,, 8)

Watcha Steve

Sorry I didnt catch you yesterday, I got up there around 5, and only stayed an hour.

Today is fine, doesnt look like anybody is going up there this afternoon so I may just work on a few builds/repairs...

I gotta take my dogs over the park soon, u wanna bring lucy? Or swing by, whichever you prefer... Gimme a call and let me know

• Administrators
Any reason for that,

Steve,,, 8)

Erm, yeah, probably my "air-headedness", I most have though I had copied it onto the drive, then unplugged it... DOH!

What a twat... :oops:

Bring it tomorrow and i will copy the footage to my lkaptop so i can put it on your drive, at the field for you.

• Administrators

No prob's.

I need to put my video camera, spare batteries, tripod and video editing software all up for sale....

I wanna get a much better camera like the Panasonic SD700...

Catch ya laterz

Rich

• Administrators
Looks nice, I wonder if the tracking system will work with planes, Should do,

Steve,,, 8)

It does. I have used it on my current HDC-SD60 and it can/does track anything thats on the screen, you just touch the item on the screen you want to follow, and it keeps it in focus... The hardest part is actually keeping it in shot :shock:

• Administrators
Yeah that is the hardest on any camera, As we are using full zoom and manual focus most of the time with aircraft eh,

Good fun though,

Steve,,, 8)

lol, manual focus, is you bonkers! :shock: Planes movin too fast for that, I let the camera do all my focusing.

Although, mine doesnt actually have a manual focus ring on it, so I couldnt if I tried... Was hard enough just keeping up with the models, but it was great..

• Club Members

I don't know half as much as you guys, but i've been chasing planes with a lense for years now, and I have always found that the Manual focus is best. Especially when you are zoomed in to the subject.

Auto focus always trys to focus on the bigger picture i.e. the sky, then you end up with a blurred image of the subject you really want.

Since I am now using digital camera's, I have found they are not so good as analogue at capturing moving planes, especially when you zoom in!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Oily :wink:

Richard,

Got the footage ok, Thanks,

What programme do i need to view it as windows dont recognise it, The pics and dennis kenyon are ok,

The main ones, 20100918 and 20100919 i cant view, Do i need a different software to view it,

Hopefully a free download,

Steve,,, 8)