This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Many thanks for your support

Following my downwind landing in the oak tree (see attached pic) I was emotionally overcome by the help and support from fellow club members who leaped into action to arrange for tree-climbers, cherry-pickers, and kind offers of help to carry the bits back to the pit area. Thanks Brian and numerous staff from the Hop Farm.

• Club Members

Don,

I was so sorry to see your lovely model damaged like that, I hope you can repair it and get it airborne again soon.

I always use 6v batteries with Spektrum for this very reason. Even when under load they will still give more than 4 volts, enough to stop the receiver brown out.

This chart shows that after around 1.9Ah discharge the Eneloop cell voltage drops to about 1.0v.

• Club Members

Don,

I saw the landing and was sorry to see the resultant damage to such a beautiful model.

Your controlled landing to avoid any possible risks is an example to all rc flyers when the unexpected happens.

Hope the repairs go well and you are soon in the air again with the model.

Thanks for the words of condolence, Chaps! The good news is that the model is repaired and ready to go fly.

I've fitted an SM22 Powersave unit from SM Services. The battery set up is now 2 x 6volt eneloop 2000mA batteries via the SM22 to the five servos. The receiver takes it's power from the unit via a built-in Backer.

BTW. Hastings modeller Malcolm Bull who flew at the Hop Farm, has asked me to thank the Club for it's "efficient organisation and friendly atmosphere" throughout the entire weekend. He said that he was "amazed and heartened by the slick programmimg" and sends particular thanks for the way that Leon ran the flight line.