This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Field gate lock.

Hello All,

I ventured up to the field today with the nieve expectation that the fog would clear, it didn't.

However I did have a problem with the gate lock. It was very difficult to open both times and I wonder if anybody else has had this problem. Do we need to invest in a new lock and supply of keys?

Any comments?

Chris.

• Club Members

I think Alan has another lock for the same key. A new set of keys would cost a lot and we would have to distribute them to all the other fields users too. I think Alan gets the locks refurbished

• Club Members

Happens quite frequently, esp when wet for days, give it a dosing of thick oil that will not wash out or freeze and it'll probably be fine.

When I arrived the other day the person who had last locked it had pulled the chains super tight before forcing the lock shut, I had to go round to the inside to attempt to unlock it and even then had to undo the bolt so the gate dropped a bit taking tension off the lock loop. The odd thing was that it had to have been locked from the inside, yet nobody was in from any club and the farmer didn't appear inside the field in several hours of me being there so I doubt was there either.

• Club Members

I had trouble with the lock last week on Sunday. This is unusual, my key has always been easy to use. Also, it didn't help that the user before me, wound up the chain before locking the padlock. Please don't do this, it doesn't acheive anything, other than making it difficult for other users, especially if they have a touch of Arthritus!

A new CAMFC sign has been ordered for the gate.

TTFn Oily.