This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Christmas Presents...

Jimbo

Remember those sexy Jet-style pushers they had at the show from Wholesale planes?

Bobcat 50 is what its called.

http://www.wholesaleplanes.co.uk/Images ... obcat1.jpg

Well... I think you can probably guess the rest :)

Now then, I've only got a 90 to put in it... what shall I do?

Another good reason to get home quick huh? See you all in a week!

Jimbo

Looks nice have always wanted one of them.

Just double check the covering as I lost my covering on my canard TopModles plane and I think yours come from the same factory in China. Apart from that did the usual applied glue and extra epoxy to all critical area's and tri stock if necessary.

When can I see it fly.

Everyone getting them self X-Mas gifts......So I thought I better join in :lol:

Here is mine,

pic1419768x576ts4.jpg

Some info :-

Flair kit, or a rip-off one HEHEHE "ARTF"

Giles G-202-40,

Wing span 48.8', length 51'

5 Futaba 3001 Servos,

Standard Futaba 6 Channel RX

SC 38 engine,

Ready to fly, when I want :o !

Its a 40 size kit, has a SC 38, but Rob said it flow great yest-today! I know its an SC, but I do sell them :shock::? , so I've got to use them LOL! Can't keep saying they are ok, but I would never own one :P

Just need to add a RX battery, and could fly......As its my first fully wood / build up wing / fus kit in a very very long time, I think its best that I don't fly it in weather like I would my Pangster!

Also need to rembler that I cant just throw it about in the car or loft, like I do with my Pangster!

One thing that is missing, is the Giles-202 & other decals, but I don't care.....should make it abit lighter :)

P.s In the air for under £160, don't you just love working at a model shop........First & cheapist picks on everthing that walk throw the door!

Edit :- Should run bl00dy great on that Champion 20% Nitro that I bought home for Leon.......Now were did I put that crapo Mo-Glo fuel 5% Nitro to top it back up with :lol:

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I started this thread by telling you about the Bobcat 50 that I bought for myself as a Christmas Present.

The attached photo is of the plane that my wife (bless her) bought me for Christmas - aren't I the lucky one!

Both planes are almost finished, but here's the twin.

Called the 'Dual Ace', she has a span of 1.77m (70" Roger) and weighs about 11lbs.

Radio is Futaba Receiver with a mix of 7 Futaba and HiTec Servos.

2 x OS52 Four Stroke Engines.

I'm SO looking forward to flying her and if the weather is OK, is should be within the week! I'll keep you posted and put up a pic of the Bobcat when its done too.

Happy New Year everyone,

Jim.

IMG_0042.JPG.f49a9f125247ea0f1e06cbc22afc6a5a.JPG

Is that what you got for Xmas Steve?

I'll have the fuel if its still good - thanks.

And thanks for the weather report - looks perfect...

Leon - I think you left the boots when you called the other day ;)

Is that what you got for Xmas Steve?

The bike I found, in the car park at the back of my house......People are always leaving stuff there! e.g wood,chairs, cups & plates, AK-47's & other stuff!

If you know anybody that would like this bike, please say! Or I'm going to take it to a Charity "sp" shop and give it to them!

P.s That's if Joe, don't want it first!

I'll have the fuel if its still good - thanks.

Yes you can have it! I used 1 Gallon of it, so that's why there only around 2 Gallons left for you.

Also I have 2 more Gallons of fuel, not the same make, maybe you will want them to!??!

Edit :- So much for the bad weather over the weekend! Sunny and not a cloud in sight atm !

Edit :- So much for the bad weather over the weekend! Sunny and not a cloud in sight atm !

Strange your weather report suggests 20Mph ish winds (apart form this afternoon), I just looked out my window and saw a cloud moving quicker than most of Andres models.

Jo and I went flying this afternoon (about 1ish) and managed 1 flight with his Yak (he even let me have a go)

It was pretty gusty today, but predominantly a medium to strong wind from the gate, so flyable if you were brave enough :)

I think there was a much stronger wind higher up as I saw those same clouds Leon....

As promised, please find attached a picture of the (almost) complete Bobcat 50.

On further web searching, it appears to be a Far-East copy of the BVM plane of the same name - there's loads of Septics putting turbines on them.... if only I had one :)

PS, I hope everyone watched 'Reach for the Skies' this afternoon?

IMG_0043.JPG.5e34edb97c4ad534d364bebebafe8ba5.JPG

Metcheck says 21-27mph winds today, still planning test flights?

Might be available for pics, but nipped out for a quick drink with some mates last night and I'm suffering from 9 hours of beer, wine and whiskey :shock: and I haven't been home long and need some sleep :shock:

Well, flew the twin today. The OS52 started first go as you;d expect. I had run 3 tanks through them and they were fine all flight.

She took off straight away with very little trim needed.

She is pretty elevator sensative, so I think the the CofG is too far back - I must admit to not having checked it - its designed for 2 x 46 s strokes, so I figured with 2 x 52 fours strokes mounted a little further forward than designed I would be nose heavy if anything - still, no real drama.

Tried to fly the Bobcat, but she just didnt have enough speed. I think that the prop is too big for the engine - its a cut down 14x6 but i think its too big still - i've ordered a new one from Just Engines so better luck next time. I think she looks great on the ground so cant wait to see he in the air!

Jo flew his nice Yak, any had some odd radio things going on ending in him losing control and 'landng' in the low valley over from the oak tree. Amazingly, he just lost the undercarriage and engine mounting box - considering he had no control for about 20s we both agreed he was pretty lucky.

Anyhow - here's the pics.

58d85c7a591e0_Yak1.JPG.448d9053fdbacd5a331d33c9de88275b.JPG

58d85c7a57c99_Bob2.JPG.abebaa15c22cdc17a29bfd0c2ea04228.JPG

58d85c7a5672f_Bob1.JPG.a76682e539fe7134a2cff9d928592a22.JPG

The twin looks very nice in the air, from the photos! CAnt wait to see in real life.

Was it hard to get both engine tuned up the same and running in-sink? "I know your Jedi Jim, when it come to Glow IC, but still thought I better ask" :P

I also heard but not seen yet, that you can get Glow fuel engines with spring clock-wise, so you can have a ant-clock-wise running with a clock-wise engine "to canal out torque effect"......just like real life planes!

Shame about the bobcat, the photo of it on the strip, makes it look like a real Gas Turbine model :P

Edit :- Some thing to get you in the mode, antil your next try with the BobCat :-

http://www.rcuvideos.com/flv.swf?theFil ... ue&fs=true

Sounds like another very close call for Joe, from the sounds of it he got away with it very lightly......Which is a good thing!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another very late X-Mas gift to myself again or you could say late Valentine day to myself :-

RipMan Bossanova :-

pic1604676x507ca4.jpg

Just need to add the servos and crap.....and then its done. Don't think I will be using at the field for abit, as the strip will eat the wheels & landing gear up in no time!

Plane & engine are last than 2 weeks old, only flown 6 times by Rob last weekend for somebody else, so I thought it needed a good home.

P.s To myself..........stop buying stuff, fool!