This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

The best show in Britain

This was my first show.

Firstly I would like to thank " " for giving me & my boy a lift to the hop farm & back.

And then everyone else for putting on a really good FULL day's show.

It was better than I expected.

I brought my son who enjoyed it almost as much as me.

The air displays were NON-STOP ALL DAY?

The displays were amazing.

The Caterham lads sent up about 20 planes & only brought down 5?

Flying into the flamed-up limbo..

Panic team.. gotta love them bi-planes, it was like a swarm of flies..

Then all the turbine jets, LOADS of them, now minus one, oh.

MADNESS, but fun for me & my boy...

I had a go on a mini steam train & the red arrow simulator.

Only because my boy wanted too....?

I talked with many people over at the vintage cars.

M M M some of them cars... & the home made mini caravan was really sweet.

I got MY stuff that I needed/wanted.

This was got from OUR bring & buy tent & the numerous traders tents around the site.

I now have my own buddy box, at long last..

I only got 3 gallons of fuel, as I ran out of money.

It was under £15 per gallon,.. saving £30, lovely jubly..

So back to the boring reality of work tomorrow.

But Sunday is only 6 days away.

So I'll see some of you, on field then.

Thanks guys

D

Dennis was still due to display at the weekend despite his little incident in Utah.

I think his comments about retirement after the crash was a bit of a knee jerk reaction - not surprising really as he'd just walked out of the wreckage.

He took part in the european championship only last month and came 4th.

The reason for his no show was that metal pieces were found in the oil at the 50hr checks on the display heli two weeks before the show and he felt there would be time to get it sorted.

He sadly had to call it off on Friday evening before the show, hence the reason for no real announcement. However, the CAP and Jungman were lined up by the Turbulent team as last minute stand ins if we needed them.

Shame but there was little more that anyone could do and I think the stand ins did a great job.

If you want a video of Dennis, I have an HD video of his complete display from last year. PM me your address and I'll stick it on a DVD - it's over 1gb in size.

• Club Members

Sadly, having spent the weekend occupied with the smooth running of the background activities, I didn't see much of our Show except for the Toffee drop and the Trainers at lunchtime.

However, all concerned with the runnings should be congratulated for putting together the BEST SHOW in the Country. All I spoke to were full of praise for the CAMFC Team for making it a truly fabulous weekend.

Well Done Lads, you made a lot of people very happy!

About 10,000 actually!

OILY.

after the club night and a big bump on the head thanks jim i really did enjoy the part that i played in the show .a BIG THANKS to all that helped me out . and to all the committee for a fab show.and to Paul it was well up to 11 :lol:

nich,s loved his job on the flight line and on the B AND B see you at club night or at the field

Ref last post above, I wear an embroidered cap done by a relative who can do them (has a machine for designs and embroidering the badges), nobody seemed interested when I asked if anyone wanted one. (Cost me a fiver by the way-though the badge is just a generic aircraft on it, but it could be a CAMFC logo if required once the design has been setup)

Excellent show as usual, though I found it very tiring after 3 days there, and was so wiped out sloped off early Sunday - blame my age and infirmity!

Guys,

Have a look on the www.southernmodelairshow.com site, I put a 'your comments' page on there and all of the comments received so far are - brilliant, loved the new layout - best ever etc etc..

Congrats to everyone who helped make it the best show in the UK, full stop.

Several people mentioned branded T's, polo's and sweaters - if people would like them, I'm sure we could have a word with some people I know or Spiffys people and get a batch made up -

All those in favour of investigating and/or would be willing to buy CAMFC branded kit please say 'Ey'

Paul

P.S. Chris, I think we got the show up to '12' this time !

• Club Members

Ey from me.

Terry, I would be interested in finding out more about a cap with a logo on it. Next time we are both at the field I will talk with you about it. :D

On another tack, I have about 400 photos from the Saturday session some of which are not bad. From a club point of view are they of use to anyone? I'm happy to stick them on a CD and pass them on if a few of them are of any use for this or the SMAS website.

Ey from me.

Terry, I would be interested in finding out more about a cap with a logo on it. Next time we are both at the field I will talk with you about it. :D

On another tack, I have about 400 photos from the Saturday session some of which are not bad. From a club point of view are they of use to anyone? I'm happy to stick them on a CD and pass them on if a few of them are of any use for this or the SMAS website.

Gerard,

We usually do a show cd with pics and video, if I can have a disc with your pics I'm sure I'll use some.

Thanks

I have one of the original club badges in 'mint' condition and feel that we should use that.

The Croydon Tower image at the top of the forum is the main part of the badge and as we are the Croydon Airport club then it's surely the most appropriate.

It's an ey from me too BTW.

Ey form me for a T-shirt,

Who was the young lad doing the training on Sunday, he was quite short with a Curtis Youngblood/Darren type hat? I think I scared the living daylights out of him when he let me loose on his trainer :D

Great show, I think I have just about recovered.

Yeh I think we should get some decent jackets like the AL's hobbies jackets. And preferably matching T-Shirts, not sure about hats but would go well with the rest of the set.

We wanna make sure that the clothes are of a high quality, to make sure they are long lasting, water proof etc.

Perhaps we could speak to a Chinese "English speaking" manufacturer to get some decent clothes made up.

If this goes to plan, then I am assuming everyone who wants the clothes needs to send in info for sizes etc..

A nice WARM jacket would be nice & maybe a hat but NOT a cap..

I'll talk with you next time I see you "Spiffy".

Maybe see if I can give you/your friend the goods, that way I get to choose the clobber I'm wearing. Ta.

Once again fantastic show.... :)

See you all on the field Sunday....

Ey from me.

I'll see if a) My relative can do the design

and b) if so what the prices would be for a small quantity

Mentioned was our new logo with C.A.M.F.C. underneath (the logo on my Tx buddy box outfit is an example for those that have seen it), and not the old round badge. The logo would be embroidered directly into the cap, and not a separate badge.