This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

SOUTHERN MODEL AIRSHOW 2010

Indeed only about 3 months or so left before the show. :?

Tom is in hospital atm, having an operation. So if all go well he should be ok for the show this year! He did say afew weeks ago to me on the phone, he would still like to help out with the Friday night disco.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Club Members

Yep! Get well soon Tom, and if you do read this, next time you call me on the phone, and you want me to call you back, hows about leaving me the Number!!!?? lol :lol:

Best wishes,

Oily :wink:

he has to be better for the show or the runway will not be mowed all the best m8 i have put your name down on the list for the mower .ps i have the jobs list from oily so i will be after you names and i now you will all be fighting to put your name,s down so dont rush me at the same time please. o and rod i will give you a good job this year lol ttfn :D

• Administrators

I'd come down on a daily basis... I dont live far, and if its gonna be hot, I like the luxury of a home shower and my own bed :D

I can come down every day if needed, if somebody says "Heres a job we need you to do" then sure, no prob's...

hi all i have the list of jobs as with every year there is a lot to do to make the show happen from wednesday right up to when the show ends on sunday and for some monday to tom is down for the mower and he will sit on that thing all day long :lol: i will bring the list up club night and up the field so you can all have a look. every one in the club is part of the show the more the better if you can only come down one day that will be great if you can come down on wednesday even better after the work for the day has been done it kick back time and we all have a good night :roll: (bring dark sun glasses ) :D:plane::plane::plane:

I just got of the phone with Tom! He's just got home again, having just got out of hospital again and now all is well. He can't do anything for the next 5 days to a weeks....And shouldn't be driveing / moving around that much for the next 2 to 4 weeks :?

So he's not going to be at the flying field for some time, but should be at the clubs night BBQ!

NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS that are helping out at the show this year . if you are going to put your name down on the list for a job over the weekend or if you are coming down in the week .if you can not make it for the show can you please tell me so i can get your job covered many thanks and happy flying :D:plane::plane::plane::plane::plane::plane::plane:

• Administrators

Hi Chris

Can you put me in for mowing with Tom purhaps? I can come down every day no prob's.

Can I bring my 2 dogs with me?

Hi Chris

Can you put me in for mowing with Tom purhaps? I can come down every day no prob's.

Can I bring my 2 dogs with me?

Your going to have to fight both Tom and Bob at the same time to get a go on the mowers! :shock:

A lot of people bring there dogs and stuff!

• Administrators

Spoke to Chris today, Dogs, not a good idea with my 2, their not exactly as chilled as rogers dogs unfortunately, so that knocks me out for Wed/Thur, so am now officially coming Fri/Sat/Sun, and am considering the "sleeping in your car" thing... Unless anybody got a spare tent space.. :?:

Wife is fine with me doing fri/say/sun Chris, so thats an "All stations go"... Just need to find something to do Friday huh?

Because the show is the same month I am due to start my new job I should be available on the Sat & Sun (I hope) so if I am I will help Jimbo run the slot board.

thats good news m8 lets hope you can make it for the show i have you down for the blue gate if you can not do slot,s with jim :lol: o and the toilet brush is yours to so you have to make it :lol: off down to the Ardingly Vintage and Classic Vehicle Show today to Promote the show have fun all i now me and nich,s will

• Club Members

Chris,

I've booked the days off from work so aim to be at the hop farm from Wednesday onwards. I am already down for helping out at the lunctime teaching sessions on Saturday and Sunday. Put me down for whatever else suits you.

Leon if you are helping Jimbo will you be able to help with the training slots as well??? please please

Chris Emay has said he will come both days and help me with the training

Rod

Just a little update about training pilots :-

Atm we have 8 non-club member trainers! But I'm not sure if they have helpers.....Also would be nice if some of our boys could do there bit :lol: , for club and country!

I'll be available for sat or sun, on the bring and buy if that's ok. I.T.GUY --I have a two man tent you can have for keeps if you want it, and another two man tent which could be borrowed, p.m. me if you are interested,

Alan

• Administrators

Hi Alan

Thanks for the very kind offer of the tent, but I'm actually considering going home each night and coming back each morning, or kipping in the car fri/sat nights if there is at least a reasonable shower and food close by. A tent is great but then I need sleeping bag, kip mat etc, and it will only ever be used once, plus I have music/radio/power in the car for laptop/phone too..

As far as I know, Chris has put me down for bring/buy, so having a helper or three would be great, or should I say, you guys having me to help would be good, although it could turn into a "bring it and sell it to Richard" lol

Is anybody going to be shooting any video at the show to post on the web afterwards and show all those who dont come what there missing and what they WILL be signing up for next year?

If bring/buy is fully staffed then I'm happy to video/meet/greet visitors/trade stands and pilots over the weekend and try to put it into a promo video of some sort?

Well this is only a suggestion to all, I used to be a cameraman working on call with pinewood studios.

I have filmed various documentarys such as whats a carry on, Gerry andersons thunderbirds etc,

I currently have digital Betacam broadcast camera equipment, I think Richard and i could make a good camera crew,

Also Richard, Your computer editing skills would be paramount after the event, Probably a firewire download,

We could make a broadcast quality documentary of the whole show, As Richard said film the bring and buy, Trade stands,

Flight line, Behind the scenes, Red arrows, Training etc etc, With interviews etc etc,

Anyone we interview or film would have to sign to say we can use the footage as we want, ie promo utube etc,

I could bring the gear to the field on sunday for a test run,

What do you think, It is only a thought, But if we go ahead, It would be a full time job for at least two of us throughout the show, As there would be a lot of footage to get through,

Or as Richard said, Is there already something like this in place for the show,

Steve 8)

Edited by Guest