This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

Magnatilla

• Club Members

I have started building the Magnatilla I bought from Arun. The fuselage was started by Arun and a very good job he has done. I have started the wings. One wing half built, took about 3 hours, other half tomorrow. It seems like ages since I built a plane from a kit.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Club Members

Other wing half built and both halves joined. Just need to sand l.e. and shape scallops in t.e. I will put two servos in wing instead of one as per plan, for better adjustment, so also need to build two servo trays.

Edited by Guest
  • Club Members
Sounds nice - except the roundels ... What??? 8)

Didnt you see the picture on the box Trev? lol

Looking forward to seeing it... More pics please :)

I might do the Iron Cross as per the box lid, just seems unpatriotic somehow :)

Sounds nice - except the roundels ... What??? 8)

Didnt you see the picture on the box Trev? lol

Looking forward to seeing it... More pics please :)

I might do the Iron Cross as per the box lid, just seems unpatriotic somehow :)

Could be worse, you could do a star and stripes :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good...

Wat engine do you have in mind Trevor? Mine have all flown with .52 four strokes which I think is about perfect but if its a rear carb, might need some modification of the firewall to get the motor as far back as possible.

• Club Members

Fuselage needs some cutouts so my ASP61FS will fit. Silencer will mostly fit inside the cowl and exit at the bottom.

Edited by Guest
  • Club Members

Off topic, your garage door looks vulnerable to an easy forced entry, at least from the limited pic. (I experienced this two years ago on my coastal place, as did twenty plus others in one day alone)

If you want to know more, and probably how to make if difficult enough to make them give up, contact me.

• Club Members
Off topic, your garage door looks vulnerable to an easy forced entry, at least from the limited pic. (I experienced this two years ago on my coastal place, as did twenty plus others in one day alone)

If you want to know more, and probably how to make if difficult enough to make them give up, contact me.

Thanks, there are other locking devices you can't see in the pic. We dont use it as a garage (as you can see!) so it is bolted closed most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Club Members

Thanks Peter, it should be okay up to 13" prop.

Now nearly covered. Antique with dark green fin and tail feathers. Ailerons hinged with the covering.

Question, does anyone have any handy tips for fixing litho plate over balsa? Would contact adhesive be strong enough and fuel proof?

• Club Members

Thanks for the info, after experimenting I used Uhu Por which seems to work a treat. I made card templates for each piece and cut the litho with scissors. Not too difficult. Next job decorating.

• Club Members

My first try painting a cross, underneath wing where it wont show up if it goes wrong. Mask made from masking tape, hand painted with Humbrol matt black enamel. Turned out a bit bobbly round the edges but not too bad. Will try to ensure the mask is pressed down better next time. Did you spot the deliberate mistake?

Edited by Guest