This is a snapshot of the forum as it was on Thursday 2nd Dec 2021. Not everything will work.
It is not possible to login, edit or make any changes and is provided for prosterity for those who wish to view the old content.
C.A.M.F.C - Members & Visitors area

The best show in Britain

nice but instead of the bmfa part what about the year the club was founded

LOL, that's what I started with but I couldn't find any info - anyone know what year we started ? also I wanted to avoid having 2008 in the title so was thinking :-

Founded 19xx

BMFA-xxxx

Paul

• Club Members
anyone know what year we started ?

The 25th anniversary was about 3-4 years ago 'cos I remember everyone buying AstroHogs and tarting them up in the same colours with CAMFC written on them, so if anyone can remember when that was just add 25.

• Club Members

I think the logo is now very crowded and is losing its impact. Could the BMFA font be made smaller and the 1978 incorporated on the same line along with it.

Something like:

Est 1978 - BMFA 0559

Edited by Guest
  • 4 weeks later...

As one of the five founding members I can confirm that we first met at the home of Frank & Richard Hawke in 1978. In September.

Present were: Frank, PRO - Richard - Marcus Norman - Neil ?, treasurer and self, chairman. We later approached Tommy Harris to be our President in the hope of getting discount from the shop. (Ha, Ha)

I designed the club badge and produced the artwork and had them made.

Regarding the latest proposal, do we really need the BMFA reference? Could not the lower line just read 1978?

That would leave the image uncluttered.

IMO the proposed badge is too cluttered, and would be difficult to read from a distance (read expensive also to reproduce embroidered)

Why not just the club logo (current) plus C.A.M.F.C. in large letters underneath - maybe even with founding year added but is that at all necessary? Why do we need BMFA on it?

Keep it simple is always best! Just my Opinion!

(Not a founding member like Don but early 80s so one of the old farts)